Tuesday 10 May 2011

Up Up Slide

I finally have a name AND a premise for the game I am working on. Or should be working on really, been caught up with other assignments. Like 3d stuff, go look at my 3d blog. (self advertisement ftw)

But really, the game I am developing for my Flash class as my 3rd (and final) assignment, finally has a name and a reason for why the player is just going up and up and up. I don't really NEED a reason for the assignment, but I want to design games, so I should do just that, not just make a thing that does a thing. Anyway enough rant.

Up Up Slide is a pretty obvious name I guess, the basic gameplay is you jump up to higher platforms which you can slide off of if you're not careful.


Premise :
You have developed a rare fear of the ground. The closer you are to it the worse you feel. Your solution - go up. Up and up. Don't stop going up. Whatever you do, don't slide down. Down is where the ground is.

Basically that is it. Possibly need to look up to see if this is a real phobia, doesn't need to be but if it is using the actual name for it would be cool.

Still thinking about how it will work. Rotated platforms, maybe have applied gravity or just apply an angled force when the player stops moving. Going to start putting together some prototypes, get this thing done. May keep working on this over semester break, make it into something amazing. I really like this concept.

2 comments:

  1. first post!
    Also looks like a cool concept, totally shotgun testing it!

    ReplyDelete